Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Page 400

You have to understand,’ said Garovel. ‘The planet’s core is thousands of degrees Celsius and larger than most continents. Even if you somehow managed to drill into it, that’s not gonna do very much. At most, you might cause an earthquake, but it’d still be so far underground that it wouldn’t affect anyone on the surface. You certainly wouldn’t cause the entire planet to explode or collapse or anything so cataclysmic. That is, unless you spent weeks or months down there, carving out a large enough chunk of the core to actually have an impact.

Hector scratched his head. “And someone tried to do that?”

Yeah. Abolish conducted an expedition. I don’t know how they intended to make it through the extreme temperatures. We’re talking four or five times hotter than a fucking volcano here. It seems utterly impossible to me. If they had some kind of technology to protect against that, then I’ve never heard of it. And a servant’s body is NOT going to regenerate in temperatures like that. Your flesh will burn or melt much more quickly than it will grow back.

“Huh.”

But the Vanguard intercepted them anyway, so it didn’t even matter in the end.

“How would the Vanguard even know what Abolish was doing...?”

Garovel opened his mouth to answer but stopped himself. And after a moment, he gave a skeletal smirk. ‘Oh, that’s right. You wouldn’t know, would you?

“Know what?”

Hmm.

“Garovel...?”

Eh. I don’t feel like telling you.

Hector’s brow lowered. “What? Why not?”

The reaper’s smirk only grew. ‘Because it’ll make for a nice surprise one day.

“But... aww, c’mon. W-what if we die before I get a chance to find out?”

Gee. I guess we better not die, then.

“Bullshit... I bet you don’t even know the answer.”

Could be. Who knows? Oh wait, I do. Eheh.

“Dammit, what the hell?! You’ve never done this before! I don’t like surprises!”

That’s too bad. Because I do.

“Agh!”

21 comments:

  1. Holy shit, guys. 400 pages. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowtail the KhajiitDecember 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM

    Magic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ‘Yeah. Abolished

    should remove ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. 400th page anniversary! 40's for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, come on, Garovel, that's just mean.


    That goes for you, too, Mr. Frost. TELL US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fixed, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, alright. The answer is radioactive lobsters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snowtail the KhajiitDecember 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM

    Made me think of Judge Judy. XD
    *Bangs gavel* "Alright, case closed! Bring in the radioactive lobsters!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. How bout
    Just
    Ya know
    50 more bonus days to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  10. "No, those are the RadioINactive ones! Too much fat!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, this calls for celebration!



    Story-wise... the obvious answer would be traitors, right? Maybe Garovel used to be a double agent for the Vanguard sent to spy on Abolish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Garovels humour is kind of childish, but uplifting. Focused on the positive. Banter.


    If my guess is correct, the login issue is reliant on the time spent on a page, for it worked not at first, but after waiting it did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come on Blaed you're taking your sweet time here, pretty sure we both came from the same source but I began 5 days after you, been enjoying reading your comments as I went along but now I'm having to slow down so you can catch up again :<

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lolololololol I actually took a couple breaks cause I don't wanna catch up too fast

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agh! Garovel just became my least favorite character! Such aa troll!

    ReplyDelete
  16. But I have nothing better to do here :<

    ReplyDelete
  17. You could always read another web series 0:-)

    Maybe even one that Frost recommended

    ReplyDelete
  18. One thing at a time for me man, I have to finish this before I start something new.

    ReplyDelete