Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Page 222

Lance gave Hector the address and then ventured off again.

Garovel floated over his shoulder. ‘Looks like you’re going to be a busy man from now on.’

I, ah...

This is basically what you’ve always wanted, isn’t it? Having friends to spend time with and so forth?

Hector glanced at the reaper, then back down at the address. ‘Y-yeah...’ He couldn’t help smiling. ‘I just never thought it could actually happen...

Heh.’

Ms. Trent poked her head out of her office. “Hector,” she called out. And he thought he was in trouble until she added, “Glad to see you’re back.”

He gave a blushing nod.

And then he was alone again. He looked across the other club members, wondering if any of them were going to approach him, but when none did, he decided that he had satisfactorily fulfilled Garovel’s request to make an appearance. He started for the exit.

Hector,’ said Garovel. ‘You said you’d tell me your history with these people.

Fine...’ He took a breath as he entered the hall. ‘Basically, ah... well, one thing you have to understand about the kids in the club is that, uh... they’re very... well, they’re very close-knit. They, um. I mean, I wouldn’t call them a clique, exactly, but... they have some of those qualities, I guess.

Go on.

And, uh... there’s this couple. Katrina and Jamal. They’re sort of like the group’s leaders. The alpha couple. And, um. One day, I, uh... I kinda... I mean, I... ah, man, this is... just...

Hector, c’mon. Spit it out.

I, uh... I saw them having sex in the clubroom.

Garovel stared at him a moment. ‘Uh. Huh.

Yeah... I mean, I just walked in on them and... yeah...

What did you do?

I ran away. Which... probably wasn’t the right thing to do. They’d seen me. So... maybe I shoulda just talked to them, but... I... that... there was just no way...

I can imagine.

9 comments:

  1. Honestly I'm surprised. I don't exactly know my way around carpentry club rooms but that seems like a less than ideal place to fornicate.
    What other dynamics are there in this school? Extortion? Shootings? Knife fights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knife fights would definitely boost attendance in the guys.

      Delete
    2. Bit of a slippery slope you got there, William. People getting freaky =/= violence and murder.

      Delete
    3. Given the level of taboo/weirdness western culture has put on sex, I am not surprised at the assumptions made.
      I still hold that the school should totally have some sort of martial arts club though.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for seeing eye to eye with me.
      Yeah the school should totally have a martial arts club though, kendo maybe.

      Delete
    5. Wait no I mean yeah that's what TV and movies has taught me to infer. After reading the next page, I admit I thought they were just being brash about their passion. My bad.

      Delete
    6. There's no martial arts club, sorry. Which is not to say that Hector will never learn any martial arts. There's just no club for it.

      Delete
  2. ....that's it? Hector found the leaders of the group having sex? I'm actually a bit underwhelmed. I mean, I thought it was gonna be something epic. I highly doubt Hector spilled the beans, so it must have been the couple that told the rest of the group. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahdi AparentylycntsayawsomApril 22, 2015 at 12:29 AM

    Well...that was a two Hiroshima's into one bombshell...

    ReplyDelete