Sunday, July 7, 2013

Page 126

Mainly, the fact that it took her an hour to report the attack, but also the fact that no one else seems to know anything about it. Perhaps the reason she waited so long was because the assassin actually succeeded in killing her.

“Damn... a reaper revived the freaking Queen?”

There could be some other explanation I’m not thinking of. But it’s not unheard of for reapers to take on people in positions of power and try to use that person for some purpose.

“Holy shit... are you saying what I think you’re saying...?”

Garovel looked at him heavily. ‘If a reaper is controlling the Queen, then we’d better find out what their intentions are.

“They could... they could start a fucking war, couldn’t they?”

It’s a possibility.

“...What do we do?”

Hmm.’ Garovel moved away from the paper. ‘It’ll be dangerous, but I think we should go to the capital and try to see the Queen.

“Really? But, um... should we, uh... should we really just leave Brighton? I mean... what about Geoffrey? He could be hurting people. I feel like we should... uh, stay and... kill him...”

That’s another reason why I want to go, actually. I’m wondering if the Queen’s reaper can tell us anything about what Geoffrey is. If they chose to revive a queen, then they’re probably more informed about circumstances around the world than I currently am.

“Hmm. But even still... there’s no way we’d be able to get an audience with the Queen. I mean... even if someone hadn’t just tried to kill her...”

I can go in alone.

Hector just lowered his brow.

6 comments:

  1. I only really see one problem with that, If the assassin is the same type of thing as Geoffrey. ...but otherwise that'd be a good way to confirm or deny what happened...BUT HOW WILL HECTOR JUSTIFY GOING TO THE CAPITAL!? Don't tell me the super convenient school trip is going to happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please. My storytelling is much more sophisticated than that. It'll be a convenient family trip. Totally different thing.

      Delete
    2. dude he has a box full of free excuses, and his parents dont care...

      Delete
    3. I'm with anonymous on this one. The question i have those Mr. Frost is whether this will just happen, or are you going to work some wacky antics into him having to persuade an audience with her majesty.

      Delete
    4. Nah, no wacky antics. Probably.

      Delete
  2. Lol Hector's reaction to Garovel suggesting he'll "go in alone". He's all, "Oh no the Hell you won't, mister"

    ReplyDelete