Friday, June 14, 2013

Page 83

Colt glowered and holstered his weapon. “Alright,” he said, “but I won’t waste a bullet.” He drew his knife, and Hector scarcely saw the blade coming before it drove through his eye socket.

Darkness. Hector reawoke on the pavement, Colt dragging him toward the trunk of his car. He called out to the man. “Hey...”

Colt dropped Hector’s legs. “Impossible...” He backed up against the car as he watched Hector stand up again.

“Is this... proof enough?”

Colt just stared at him, face like stone.

“I want information,” said Hector.

“You seem to have plenty of information already,” said Colt. “What else do you need?”

“Uh...”

The identities of other double agents. We don’t need any more surprises.

“Tell me who else... um... who else Rofal has on the police force... or anywhere else I should know about.”

“The only other cops I know about are Toller, Robstoy, and Vance.” He paused, furrowing his brow at Hector. “But I... I can look into finding more.”

Get him to ask Rofal about his plans. There seems to be a bigger play.

“Also... if you can tell me about his plans... I’ll have a better idea of what to do after your children are safe...”

“Fine. I’ll find out what I can. If that’s all, then I have an appointment to keep.”

Hector stiffened. “Appointment? If you’re going to kill someone...”

“I won’t kill him if he cooperates,” said Colt.

“Officer Colt...”

“Kid, it’s not like I have a choice here.”

“I know, but...”

Tell him to kill you again,’ said Garovel.

Why?

We need to know where the children are, and the only way to do that is to have Colt give Rofal what he wants. And Rofal wants you dead.

“Okay, Officer Colt. Here’s what we’ll do...”

4 comments:

  1. Oh-ho! Go into enemy territory as a dead man and hold off on having the reaper revive you. I love tactics that take advantage of immortality/ressurection like that. You should check out the series Ajin. It's a manga, and it's even darker than this, but who knows. You might get ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colt takes talking to a dead man pretty well. I would have at least peed myself a little...don't judge me.

    That's a pretty good plan that Garovel thought up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but hear "Total Distortion - You are dead" in my head right now :D

    ReplyDelete